One Little Word…

OLW

Happy New Year, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Mine was very quiet spent with close family – eating, laughing, reminiscing and more eating!

This year I have decided to take part in Ali Edwards One Little Word workshop. In 2012 I attempted to do it but honestly I didn’t put enough into to gain any insights or make any changes but this year I am committed to this.
Journey
My word is journey, to me this is about moving forward in my life and pushing the boundaries in the coming year, to try and get to where I want to be and to enjoy getting there.

The definition of the word is perfect for me and what I want from my word (not literally however I am travelling later this year):
Jour·ney [jur-nee]  noun
1. traveling from one place to another
2. a distance, course, or area traveled or suitable for traveling
3.a period of travel
4.a passage or progress from one stage to another

I stumbled across the perfect quote by a lady called Ella Maillart, I didn’t know who she was so I looked it up and she could not have been a more perfect person to quote. She was an adventurer, traveller and photographer in the 30’s and 40’s and went to areas that many people wouldn’t think about in those days (even these days!) such as walking from Beijing to Nepal, Afghanistan and the Soviet Union and she did most of it by herself and her thirst for adventure was with her right until her passing in 1997. I felt like I was meant to find the quote and read about this astonishing woman, who led this amazing life.
“It is our own self we find at the end of the journey, the sooner we face that self the better”

Are you doing OLW this year? I would love to know what your word is and why you chose it.
Have a great weekend,
ebb89-blogsignature

8 thoughts on “One Little Word…”

1. Alexandra Boehnke - January 4, 2014 7:32 pm

It is a good decision – one little word – perfect for changing a little bit or some more. I didn’t take part in Ali’s class but I have also one little word for last year (change) and a new one for this year – happy!

2. tina f. - January 5, 2014 12:26 am

Great word. I’m not doing OLW, but I love the idea of it. Hope this year is full of wonderful journeys and self discovery for you :)

3. lilgik - January 5, 2014 12:48 am

Great word and quote you found, so inspiring! Best wishes for a year filled with grand adventures and personal growth! I’m taking my own OLW journey with the word, pause. :)

4. artfulscrapbooking - January 5, 2014 6:37 am

TFS!! I am doing OLW. My word is magnifique….if you read my blog you know that I just had to pick a French word, lol! :) Evie

5. mandyb - January 5, 2014 7:51 am

great post!!!
    i think im choosing JOY….cos i want more of it in my life!!!
    i will make it happen!!!

6. Deirdre - January 8, 2014 1:25 pm

Manda, what a lovely post. I look forward to seeing a bit of your journey via Ali’s class & FB group. I’d love to know the two fonts on your Journey image. My word is “let go.” If your journey takes you to the US, you’ll have to stop by our home in Utah. Cheers!

7. Amanda Y - January 11, 2014 6:59 am

That is a great quote! I am curious to hear what your “journey” plans entail, and I look forward to seeing your updates.

8. Pingback: Project Life: Week One | mandalika designs